Graphic designers work on the websites you browse, the commercials…
As you can see, this course is updated frequently with new lessons, projects and resources!
– NEW Resources! Design Book Recommendations and Resource on Graphic Design Pay
– NEW Section! The History of Graphic Design Styles!
– NEW Section! Learn to Create a Custom Brand Presentation Mockup in Adobe Photoshop
– NEW Section! Design Trends 2022! We will figure out how to predict future design trends and create three projects!
– NEW Sections! Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator 2022 update lessons and Adobe Illustrator 3D class Project!
– NEW Lesson! How to properly give and receive critiques and feedback
– NEW! Section on how to create YouTube Thumbnails!
– NEW! Video on How to Encourage and Spark Creativity
– NEW! Section on The Double Exposure Effect in Adobe Photoshop 2021!
– NEW! Section creating vector art in Adobe Illustrator 2021 using the new repeat tool and the blend tool.
– NEW! Detailed section on Adobe Photoshop Photo editing basics – New projects added!
– NEW! 2021 Design Trends Section with three new student projects!
– NEW! 16 page History of Typography Guide, 16 Page Color Theory Guide and 8 Page Font Pairing Guide!
– Updated Lessons! Photoshop 2021 Neural Filter and Liquify Tools
– Updated Lessons! Logo Design and Branding Project
– NEW! How to work with Photoshop Mockups!
– NEW! How to Become a Graphic Designer 14 page Resource Guide and Lessons!
– NEW! InDesign Portfolio Builder Template!
– NEW! Entirely new Adobe InDesign Section including a cookbook project
– NEW! Color Theory – Exploring Color Palettes Section
– NEW! A Guide to My Favorite Fonts and Where to Download Them
– NEW! Lessons: 2020 Design Trends: and how to create them
– NEW! – Adobe Illustrator introduction and tools section (vector tracing worksheet)
– NEW! – Photoshop section and Projects (including a new youtube thumbnail and book cover project)
– NEW! 11 page downloadable resource – The Guide to Grids
– NEW! Color Theory and Color Harmony Lessons + new Downloadable Resources
– NEW! Affinity Designer Section! Learn The Basic Tools and Differences Between Adobe Illustrator And Affinity Designer
– NEW! Downloadable Resources – the Anatomy of Typography poster and the Psychology of Color graphic!
– NEW Lessons: Finding Your Graphic Design Niche and Focus!
Graphic Design Master Class – Learn GREAT Design
Do you want to learn all the skills and techniques you need to create incredible designs?
Do you want to know the process of creating logos and branding packages?
Are you intimidated by learning photoshop, illustrator or InDesign and want to learn through practical real world projects? Than This class will be for you!
We will extensively review Typography, color theory, layout and composition, how to use photos in design, photo manipulations and editing and magazine layout design, branding and logo design just to name a few.
We also learn the basics of Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and InDesign and do projects with real world applications. Every designer needs to know and master these programs and this course makes sure you know the essential tools to power through amazing projects.
In Adobe Photoshop, we will review photo editing and manipulation techniques like how to cut objects out, duotones, changing color on objects, the liquify tool and we will create a compelling YouTube thumbnail with our newly learned photoshop skills as well as an entire book cover design project.
In Adobe Illustrator, we will master the pen tool by hand tracing simple and complex shapes. We will explore the power of the shape builder tool and In the end of this section, we will design a complete logo design. There is an entirely new introduction and tools section that has been added where we work through a 7 page vector tracing worksheet and in the end create a complex vector illustration using our newly learned illustrator vector tools. Lastly, we will put together an event flyer to practice our layout skills, and even work through the branding process and create a logo, business card and letterhead for a business.
We will will create a magazine layout in InDesign and learn the master pages tool to drastically speed up your design workflow when working with multiple paged layouts.
We will talk about branding basics, what makes a good logo? How do you extend your logo or brand to other marketing materials?
I designed this extensive course to be gentle enough for new comers to design but detailed enough for everyone to get a TON out of this course.
New Mini-Course Added!
Discover Your Design Niche!
Do you want to find out what design niche you should concentrate on? This is an exploratory mini-class added to the Graphic Design Masterclass course on Udemy (Section 15) that helps you find your next focus and explore many wonderful options for budding and established designers.
We are going to review some main core design categories and talk about what types of projects you will do and also what you will need to learn to leap into those design niches.
There are always more niches to discover but we will focus on the following in this mini-class:
Print & Editorial Design
Pattern Design and Illustration
Social Media/Digital Graphic Designer
By the end of this class you will have a solid grasp of what each design niche entails. You will have confidence in choosing your top three focal niches to kickstart or enhance your design offerings and know what to learn next.
Benefits of the course
- Have a deep understanding of typography, color theory, photos, layout, blocking and other design theory and skills
- Understand and learn the essential tools and capabilities of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Create logos and branding packages for potential clients
- Learn photo editing and manipulation in Adobe Photoshop
- Master the pen tool, shape builder tool and other essential vector design tools in Adobe Illustrator.
- How to create editorial spreads and magazine layouts using Adobe InDesign
- Understand solid logo design and ad design principles to create compelling campaigns and logos
- Work through the entire package design process
- Learn non-destructive editing techniques in Adobe Photoshop
- Work through an event flyer design to understand strong type hierarchy, balance and overall design layout
- Learn a few of the upcoming design trends for 2022 and how to create them!
- Learn the history of fonts and typefaces and how to pair fonts
- Learn the basics of Affinity Designer and learn the difference between Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Designer
- Work through a 7 page vector tracing worksheet and feel confident creating a complex vector illustration by the end of this worksheet
- NEW! Learn how to work with multiple page layouts in Adobe InDesign and create a cookbook cover and book
- NEW! Learn the step-by-step process to becoming a graphic designer
- NEW! Learn how to work with Photoshop Mockups to create great presentations
- NEW! Learn word mapping and brainstorming techniques to increase your creativity in logo design and branding projects
- NEW! Learn the Double Exposure Effect in Adobe Photoshop
- NEW! Create Vector Art in Adobe Illustrator
- NEW! Learn How to Encourage and Spark Creativity
- NEW! How to create YouTube thumbnails and social media graphics
- NEW! How to properly give and receive critiques and feedback
- NEW! Understand how to create 3d objects and typography in Adobe Illustrator
- NEW! Discover the latest 2022 updates to the Adobe software and understand the new artificial intelligence filters and tools
- NEW! Learn how to predict future design trends and complete projects that use the most up to date trends
- NEW! Learn about the history of graphic design styles in the last 130 years
- Access to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign (Or Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Affinity Publisher as an Alternative). I will be using the Adobe Creative Cloud versions, but those with older version can still get a lot out of this class. Those wanting to take the course with Affinity products will find some tools and names do differ so Adobe is preferred.
- If you use Adobe products, I highly suggest using versions CS6 or higher to have a more smooth experience with the course, but not a requirement.
- Software not Included
- 17 hours video lecture
- 2 articles
- 444 downloadable resources
- Certificate of Completion