No matter how big or small your business is, or what goods or services you sell, it is important to market your products.
Marketing is nothing but using different methods to promote your goods and services known to the public in such a way as to induce them to buy, and it includes advertisements and research. Today the competition is severe, and it continues to intensify every single day – which is why marketing is extremely critical now.
What is Digital Marketing or Online Marketing?
This approach uses the internet and this is the main point of how digital marketing is different from traditional marketing. Digital marketing is also very effective, even though it is relatively new. Digital marketing helps businesses to create and build their online presence through these methods:
- Email campaigns
- PPC or clickable ads
- Social media posts
- Videos on website
- YouTube videos
- Affiliate marketing
- Online contests
- Local business optimization
With internet penetration touching new highs everyday and mobile users increasing by leaps and bounds, digital marketing strategies are popular as well as effective.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
While digital marketing is a fairly recent phenomenon, it is constantly innovating and evolving, and we see new methods of digital marketing emerge very frequently. Voice search and image search are recent innovations that are transforming how customers search for products online. Social media is extensively used to market products in highly novel ways.
- You can track data and audience engagement in real-time as you get immediate notifications whenever people click on links to your site, read your emails, follow you on social media, likes or shares your posts, and so on. This data provides several insights which help you see which methods are effective and which are not, and you can take corrective action to fix ineffective strategies. You can also get to see what part of the day is best to post to get the most engagement. The ability to measure the results of digital campaigns is one of the digital marketing advantages you can get.
- They are much less expensive as compared to the conventional method. For example, sending emails costs you nothing but printing postcards or flyers is a big expense.
- You can tap into new markets and expand your reach even across international borders
- You can easily target a specific type of buyer and create ads just for them
- You can offer personalized messaging to attract customers
- It is much more engaging, and you can respond to customer comments on social media, offer support through live chat, and so on.
- It is not intrusive, unlike TV commercials which come on in the middle of your favorite shows, or exciting sports matches
- Digital marketing has cross-industry suitability; every business can carry out some kind of digital marketing campaign, especially as the cost is lower
- Once you post an ad or banner online, it is there forever; the internet does not forget! Whereas you put up a hoarding or billboard for a limited period.
- What do my target customers like?
- What do they have access to?
- What are their pain points, their goals?